Friday, February 15, 2013

Lots of Ideas

Aaron & I (mostly me) have been searching for a different house for a while now.  We are used to moving every couple years to a new location, so we have been getting the itch to move here lately.  We have decided that we will stay in our area a little longer...well at least til our daughter graduates next year.

Now that we have decided to stay put, we need to fall in love with this house.  It's a great house, in a great neighborhood.

The only problem is I am ready for a one story house outside of a subdivision.  Until then, we (really just me) have to make some changes around here.  I have so many ideas floating around in my head now.  I have been driving Aaron crazy!  He has been a great hubby & just smiles at me, tells me to write it down and humors me.  I have been on Pinterest & my favorite blogs The House of Smiths , Our Vintage Home Love, & Remodelando la Casa.  They have beautiful homes & do all their designs and projects on a budget!

There is a big need for a fence to keep our 2 youngest away from the road.  They are drawn to it & it puts fear in me every time they are outside.  This takes priority & also will give them somewhere to play safely so mom can work on this house.

The room that is currently driving me nuts right now is the kitchen.  I hope to eventually paint the builder grade dark cabinets white, put up a back-splash, install under cabinet lighting & add hardware to the cabinets.  Until then, I am focused on the eating are of the kitchen.  I recently moved the computer back into this area so the boys & I wouldn't have to keep going up and down the stairs so much.  The problem is it takes up room & I had to push the table over.  This has made the light off center & is driving me batty!
Driving you crazy too?  So now I'm off to explore more ideas & hopefully will get a plan in action.  Maybe some new paint will make me feel inspired.

Blessings,
Tracey

P.S. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow...my boys are super stoked!

1 comment:

  1. I also love a blog called Young House Love. Lots of great design ideas on a budget!

    ReplyDelete