Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent



Well today marks the 1st day of Lent.  Ash Wednesday.  I am not Catholic or any other denomination.  I am a Christian who feels that I need to give something up that means something to me, something I do everyday.

I decided to give up Facebook.  I know some of you may not consider this much of a sacrifice, but I do.  I am always on FB or checking FB.  It is my main way of connecting with family & friends.  It is also a huge time suck!  Don't get me wrong, I like FB & I think it is great.  I know it is nothing compared to Jesus giving his life on the cross or God giving his Son to die for our sins.  It is something I will think about daily & every time I do, I will turn my thoughts to Jesus.

So who wants to join me?

Anyone?

What will or would you give up until March 30th?

Blessings,
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment