Thursday, December 18, 2014

First Snow of the Season

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the village! Last night it started snowing about midnight. I am not a fan of the cold or old snow. I grew up in Michigan so I've seen a LOT of snow...that stays for days. The kind that turns black & slushy. Despite that, I love new snow. I especially love it when it's falling & covers everything with a blanket of fresh snow. I got up at midnight to watch it & caught another glimpse early in the morning before everyone woke up. 
Today was the last day of school. The start of Christmas break! Instead of attempting to drive my kids to school this morning, I let them be kids. I let them play outside in the first snow of the season.
Then they drank hot cocoa with marshmallows & candy canes.
Then...I took them to school...late ;) . They got there in time to attend the Christmas sing-along and party with their friends.
All in all, it was a great day!

Happy snow day & many blessings,
Tracey







No comments:

Post a Comment